The webcast series progresses from basic to advanced technical concepts in the 1st four sessions, concluding with a final session covering management approaches for building internal analytic capabilities. Example models will be demonstrated to show how the theory is put into practice.
Session 1: Introduction to Monte Carlo Analysis for Electric Utilities
• What is Monte Carlo analysis and @RISK?
• How does it enable better decisions?
• Unique value in electric utility settings
• Overview of @RISK and Palisade DecisionTools Suite
• Analytic quality tradeoffs of @RISK versus other toolsets